Are You Suffering From Bone Loss In Your Gums?
Want To Have A Tooth That Feels Natural And Comfortable?
Looking For A Long-Lasting And Reliable Tooth Replacement Solution?
Do Not Worry. Chats Dental Is Here To Help You.
Not very long ago, the solution to fill the space for missing tooth/teeth was dentures, and for many, it was not a very comfortable solution. But, since no one likes a tooth gap, people had no choice but opted for dentures. In recent years, however, with innovation in dental technology, people have the option of selecting dental implants instead of dentures. A dental implant can be placed in single or multiple missing teeth as an artificial tooth. The procedure is a permanent one that allows the person to lead a regular life without any food restrictions. It also helps in restoring the structure of the mouth that might get affected due to missing teeth. The natural look and feel of the dental implant also make you feel confident.
Dental Implant – What Is It?
A pure titanium rod is used in dental implants in which the rod is screwed into the jawbone. The titanium rod is the implant that acts like the root of the tooth. Titanium is used because it allows Osseointegration. It is the process in which the new bone cells grow around the titanium rod and integrate it within the jawbone.
Dental Implant – When Is It Recommended?
Dentists can recommend dental implants when a patient suffers from one or more of the following situations:
- Missing a tooth – If you are missing a tooth, the implant is done so a crown can be fixed on top of the implant.
- Missing teeth – Depending on how many teeth you are missing a dentist can place multiple crowns or fix a bridge on top of the implants.
- Missing all teeth: Depending on the condition of the jawbone, the dentist decides whether to place a bridge or denture over the implants. For dentures to be held, implants can be fixed on the jawbone too.
The Procedure For Dental Implants
The procedure for dental implants is not a single day process, instead it involves quite a few visits to the dentist. However, you will get to know the details about the procedure, the treatment plan and how it is to be done. The consultation also includes the number of visitations you need and the cost for the procedure.
Apart from those details during the consultation, the dentist will take an X-ray of your mouth in order to create a mould (impression) of your teeth, which is used to create the crown or bridge.
Placing Dental Implants?
An anaesthetist or the dentist administers the patient with local anaesthesia. This helps in numbing the area for the procedure. Sedatives are also given to anxious patients. After the area becomes numb, the implant procedure begins.
- The jawbone is exposed by making an incision in the gum so that a hole can be drilled into the jawbone to place the titanium rod.
- After the titanium rod is screwed into the hole, a ‘healing cap’ is set to cover the screw. The cap acts as a protective cover; however; if the implant is screwed quite deep into the jawbone, then the gum is stitched to cover it.
- After this, the dentist lets the process of Osseointegration begins, which can take about 3 to 6 months. This is an essential step in the dental implant as the process ensures the success of the implant procedure.
- At the next visit after the implant is healed, the cap is removed, and the crown or bridge is either screwed or cemented over the implant. If the implant is done for dentures, then the denture is clipped on to the implants.
At times before placing the final crown or bridge, a dentist might place a temporary one over the implant for a few weeks to a few months. This is done so that the gum can heal entirely before the dentist can start with the permanent restoration process.
Looking After Your Dental Implants
Never miss a check-up date with your dentist! To keep your implants in the best condition they need to be taken care of. Hence, maintain your oral hygiene daily by keeping your tooth, gum and the implants clean. Proper maintenance of the implants can help you in retaining them for a lifetime.
BEFORE & AFTER
Actual Work by Our Dentists
What Makes Us Different
In-chair entertainment while getting your treatment done. Come and see for yourself why our patients rave about us.
It doesn’t matter if you cannot speak English, we can cater to your needs in Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean.
Cosmetic to Serious
Perfect pearly whites mean a lot so we offer a range of dental services, from cosmetic transformations to rectifying serious dental issues.
We keep upgrading the technology, training and accreditation to offer the best service to you.
3 hours free parking in shopping centres nearby (Chatswood Chase and Westfield).